The Future of Better Regulation: A Transatlantic Perspective| 30th March 2021
The EUI School of Transnational Governance, the Observatory on Regulatory Impact Analysis (Osservatorio AIR) and the George Washington University Regulatory Studies Center organized a notable webinar titled “The Future of Better Regulation: A Transatlantic Perspective”.
The discussion will cover the early choices of the Biden-Harris administration and the forthcoming Communication on better regulation of the European Commission. It will take place via Zoom on the 30th of March 2021 from 17:00 to 18:00 CEST.
In particular, the event will focus on matters such as:
- How are Washington and Brussels (re)defining the role of better regulation?
- What is the scope for foresight and sustainability in the emerging trajectory of better regulation?
- Should regulatory offsetting remain an established practice in future-proof regulatory oversight?
- Will the European and US approach converge and if so on what?
- What should the forthcoming Communication of the European Commission say?
The eminent panel will be composed as follows:
- Elizabeth Golberg (former Director of Smart Regulation, European Commission’s Secretariat-General and Senior Fellow at the Mossavar-Rahmani Centre for Business and Government at the Harvard Kennedy School).
- Susan Dudley (Director of the George Washington University Regulatory Studies Center; former Administrator of OIRA – Office of Information and Regulatory Affairs in the U.S. Office of Management and Budget).
- Claudio M. Radaelli (Professor of Comparative Public Policy, EUI School of Transnational Governance, Florence), Principal Investigator on the Protego Project funded by the European Research Council and President of the Scientific Committee of the Observatory on Regulatory Impact Analysis (Osservatorio AIR).
To participate and take part in the Q&A, it is possible to register here.