How to apply
The course ends with an optional internship in an institution involved in better regulation (regulator, regulated firm or think tank). The number of CFU recognised (from 3 to 6 CFU) is related to the number of internship hours carried out.
Internship is reserved to attending students who have successfully passed the final exam.
Students interested in performing an internship, must send an e-mail to prof. Rangone and indicate one or two preferred institutions or think tanks. Please attach a detailed CV (including the exams passed and marks) and the proposed period. If the professor feels the CV and the student profile fits well with the suggested institution or association, she will ask the internship administrator (Alfredo Ferrara) to candidate the student. Hereafter, the proceeding will be managed by the internship administrator.
Please take note that all eligible students will have the chance to perform an internship, but there will not have the right to be selected by the preferred organisation. When students are not selected within the organisation they have originally chosen, then the internship will be organised in the organisation selected as a second or third choice. Moreover, the institution or think tank could suggest a different period for the internship from what the student originally requested. This could be due to internal organisational problems: an intern needs due assistance and space for work.
Please note that due to the Covid-19 pandemic the number of guaranteed internships may be exceptionally limited. If the requests exceed the numbers of available internships, only students with the highest marks in the final exam may be selected.
The internship will last one month full time. However, the institution or think tank often ask best students to stay longer in order to acquire an adequate working experience. It could also allow organising the timing differently (e.g. three months part time). It is up to the student to accept.
Last but not least, a student selected who declines the internship has no right to apply for another internship. It must be underlined that, while this behaviour could be personally justified, it impedes other students to be selected for internships and could compromise the relationship with the interested institution or association.
For more information, please contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
- European Commission, Rome
- CONSOB, the Italian authority for financial markets regulation and supervision
- ANAC, the Italian authority for corruption prevention in the public sector
- AGCOM, the Italian Authority for electronic communication regulation and supervision
- AGCM, the Italian Competition Authority
- GSE, the Italian public owed company responsible for the promotion of renewable resources
- Presidency of the Council of Ministries - DAGL, in charge of the supervision of governmental Impact Assessments, among other things
- IVASS, the Italian insurance market authority
- Ministry of Economy and Finance
- MIPAAF - ICQRF, Ministry of Agriculture- Department of central inspectorate for fraud repression and quality protection of the agri-food products and foodstaffs
- Istituto Bruno Leoni (Milan), a think tank promoting seminars and reseachers, such as the yearly "Index of Liberalisations"
- AIEE - Italian association for energy economists, a think tank which is the Italian affiliate of the international Association for Energy Economists
- Lazio Region - Giunta
- Regional Council - Lazio
- Fondazione de Gasperi (Rome), a think tank whose mission is to enhance the civic culture of the country. It participates in research and education projects financed by the EU
- Forum nazionale delle associazioni familiari
- IT Media Consulting, a company specialised in digital television and convergence. It offers a wide range of services, from studies on economic and regulatory issues, to provision of legal services
- Centre for European Policy Studies (Brussels)
- Coordination of association working for the rights of consumers and consumers protection-Codacons, a non-profit organisation involving associations working for consumers' rights protection
- Trenitalia Spa
- Istituto grandi infrastrutture-IGI, a think tank which associates firms working in the public procurement sector
- LEAR, a specialized economic consultancy that strives to offer a wide range of services in the field of competition policy and regulation
- CIMEA - Centro Informazioni Mobilità Equivalenze Accademiche
Internships over the last years