Submitted by n.buonocore_110 on Thu, 11/28/2019 - 10:12
- Advanced Better Regulation is a multidisciplinary course of 20 hours.
- The course deals with the notion of better regulation and with the tools necessary to attain it. The course covers all stages of the regulatory process and examines not merely how regulation ought to be carried out and evaluated, but also how it may be enriched by behavioural insight in order to draft more effective regulation and enforcement strategies. A transnational approach is followed which adopts the EU experience as the main model for national and sub-national decision-makers.
- Lectures: Better regulation tools; Impact assessment; Consultation in impact assessment and rule-making; Regulation and competition; Assessing regulation; Cognitive-based regulation and enforcement strategies.
- Current regulatory challenges seminars: highly qualified experts from the EMLE associated partners and the OCDE will join the class, sharing their field experience on better regulation.
REFERENCES (a final reference list of papers is provided at the beginning of the course)
- Baldwin R., Cave M. (2021), Taming the corporation. How to regulate for success, OUP
- Blanc F. (2020), Regulation, Regulatory Delivery, Trust and Distrust, in De Benedetto M., Lupo N., and Rangone N. (eds.), The crisis of confidence in legislation (Nomos/Hart)
- Thaler R.H., Sunstein C.R. (2021), Nudge. The final edition, Penguin
- Zamir E, Techman D. (2021), Behavioural law and economics, OUP